Last updated: November 8, 2012
- In order for us to personalize your experience and deliver content and support best suited to your needs, we collect some information from you when you visit our site. The types of information that we gather include:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our site, giving you materials and support suited to your needs, and communicating with you. By providing your email address, you indicate your willingness to receive e-mail correspondence from us. You may opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link of any email or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will ensure you are removed from our lists.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as exclusive web content, customer support, downloadable content (such as whitepapers), videos, and other material that is only available to subscribers of our site.
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below
- Third-Party Service Providers: We sometimes employ other companies and/or sub-contractors to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing web development, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of The Leadership Circle and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Leadership Circle, our users, or others. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to access most of our exclusive content.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- If you choose to visit our websites, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Utah. If you have any concern about privacy at our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business is constantly being updated and improved, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
- Information You Give Us – You provide most such information when you create an account, download any material from our website, read articles, respond to an email, access any other exclusive content, communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or form, or participate in the Comments section of articles. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, phone numbers, fax numbers, email address, username, etc.